- Published on Monday, 20 October 2014 22:12
By Gloria Orellana, Colatino
Social organizations took to the streets of San Salvador to demand the adoption of a Law on Food Sovereignty and to ratify the constitutional reform to Article 69, to recognize the human rights to water and food.
The United Nations decreed that October cada16 commemorate "World Food Day" in order to raise awareness to the governments and peoples of the world on the problems of hunger, malnutrition and poverty that affect large groups of populations.
Doris Evangelista, from the Roundtable for Food Sovereignty, criticized the reluctance of right wing parties in the Legislature to approve the General Water Law and the Food Sovereignty.
Resistance against metallic mining in El Salvador commemorates International Day Against Open Pit Mining
- Published on Tuesday, 05 August 2014 09:07
by Gloria Orellana
"We are here on this date to join millions of voices around the world in protest the mega mining projects" stated Vidalina Morales commemorating the international fight against transnational mining which causes misery and environmental pollution.
The theme of year's International Day was "Against Mega Mining and in Defence of Life and Water", a day that commemorated around the world to advocate for a world free of toxic chemicals causing the destruction of ecosystems, biological corridors and forests.
- Incoming Minister of the Environment confirms continuation of mining moratorium in El Salvador
- Ángel Ibarra: “We will promote environmental sustainability in the country”
- La Mesa: Our life will be at risk if metal mining projects are allowed
- FMLN candidate Sanchez Ceren commits to not exploit metal mining
- Anti-mining leaders asks presidential candidates to make explicit their position on mining
- Letter to the Legislative Assembly of El Salvador
- Presentation: We Demand a Law that Bans Metallic Mining in El Salvador
- El Salvador Mulls Total Ban on Mining
- The Salvadoran Government Proposes Suspending Mining in El Salvador
- Mining Ambition Impedes Environmental Justice