HOW TO SUPPORT THE INTERNATIONAL MONTH OF SOLIDARITY
- Have your organization endorse an open letter to the CEO and President of OceanaGold.
- Sign a petition asking OceanaGold to leave El Salvador. To sign the petition click here.
- Support actions in front the offices of OceanaGold in Canada, Australia and El Salvador. For a list of events click here.
- Organize rallies or visits to Australian and Canadian embassies around the world to express your concerns about the negative impacts of Australian mining corporations in El Salvador and the unjust investment protection regime that they have helped put in place that allows company to sue governments when they make decisions they don't like. To register your action visit here.
- Have a video presentation and discussion on the impacts mining in a small country like El Salvador. To find the most recent video on mining in El Salvador click here
- Participate and promote digital actions by tweeting and sending Facebook and email messages to the company to drop the suit and leave El Salvador.
- Participate in an international delegation to learn about the impacts of mining in El Salvador and be an international observer to community consultations on mining. For more information click here